Sunday, November 24, 2013

That real bed and that real room
Are as real as that unreal tomb
You will never see. All unreal.
Life then Death and what you feel
Is what is always really real.
I knew a man who could have lived, but then
He shot himself and I remember when
His brother told me he, himself, felt dead.
"He killed us," is what his brother said.
Finished his drink and then went home to bed.


I had a sonnet 
With an Easter Bonnet. 
No one cared. 
I had a haiku 
With extra voodoo 
They only stared.
I needs the money.
Gotta pay the rent.
You can have them both, brother:
One dollar and fifty cent.



The old sheep's in the meadow.
The damn cow's in the corn.
That old sheep's in the meadow
And the cow's in the corn.
If you fall in love with Bo-Peep.
Boy, you'll wish you never been born.

Wish I could be Jack Horner
Eating that Christmas pie.
Wish I could be Jack Horner
Eating that Christmas pie.
But I'm Little Boy Blue
Want to lay down and die.

Doctor Foster went to Gloucester
In a shower of rain.
Doctor Foster went to Gloucester
Man, it rained and rained.
And I'm standing here waitin'
Waitin' for the midnight train.

Little Miss Bo-Peep
Told me "Don"t' come back no more."
Miss Little Bo-Peep
Said "Little Boy don't come back no more."
"Bye, bye Bo-Peep."
Shot her with my 44.
With my 44.




No comments: