Saturday, November 23, 2013

Outta Here

I wait beneath the willow.
So many young people.
The young men with their young women dancing.
Fireflies and a moon above.
Screw them all.
Lawn party..why am I here?
I need another martini.
I would go but my wife took my keys.



The Stars The Stars

All the night the moon shone
The stars burned in the golden sky,
I watch "Gilligan's Island"
On an old black and white TV.
I pass the window to get another drink
Thinking of the Professor.
There is no other life.



All the Holy Night

The immensity of the universe!
Reading the New Yorker
A nice New Yorker cartoon.
Skipping the shitty poems.
My Martini is so cold.
Look there's a cartoon I missed!



Something to Count On

The moon is like a gypsy playing a yellow guitar.
A martini is just a martini.
Every damn time.





The Plum Wine of the Buddha

The Plum Wine of the Buddha
Cannot properly be called a cocktail.


In Martini Veritas

After five martinis
Soft jazz
Still sounds like shit


No comments: